27 Jan 2016

CALLED TO THE BAR - Advocate & Solicitor / Peguambela & Peguamcara

1) Alhamdulillah..Praise to Allah for giving me a chance to share this valuable experience  with all of you. 

2) First and foremost, I was graduated from University Utara Malaysia in November 2014 with Bachelor of Law (Hons) after 4 years struggled with the law principles laid down by Lord Diplock, Lord Denning, Azlan Shah J and many others. Upon graduation, the first thing that came into my mind was whether I should further another 9 months chambering (then the law graduate will be qualified as an 'Advocate & Solicitor of High Court of Malaya', if otherwise, NO) or further my study at postgraduate level.
My Convocation Day in November 2014

3) After Istikharah (pray to Allah, ask Him for His Guidance), I've made up my mind to challenge myself to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (thanks to my beloved wife for corrected me right on this idiom..haha..). Yes, I've decided to further my chambering at Messrs Zulpadli & Edham and pursued my postgraduate study at Islamic International University of Malaysia (IIUM) in LL.M Islamic Banking & Finance simultaneously. 

4) I started my chambering in August 2014. During my pupillage period, it was a quite terrible life I ever had due to the tonnes of workloads and daily court duty assigned to me. As a chambee (trainee lawyer), I was exposed to the various field of works such as pleading drafting (affidavit, submissions, statement of claim, statement of defence and etc), opinion writing skill , client counselling, marketing skills and etc. Thank you to my supervisor which was also acting as my mentor, sifu, and brother, Mr Mohamad Hanafi bin Jantan (ZNE's lawyer in 2014 but currently he is a Partner at ZNE, Congratss!!) for your efforts in brought me up in this legal career.   

ZNE's family in Langkawi 2015

5) In September 2014, I was enrolled as a LL.M postgraduate candidate on part-time basis. Currently, I am in 3rd semester (2 more semesters to go). Alhamdulillah, Allah gave me this opportunity to further my study up to this level which had opened my eyes on Islamic banking industry. Actually, my classmates came from various background such as Lawyers, Bankers, Shariah Court Judge, Public Prosecutor, Ambassador, Custom officer, Shariah advisers and many more. I felt blessed to know these people because they are older than me in terms of experiences and knowledge. Frankly speaking, they are the people who never looked down on me despite being a freshie seating besides them in the class. 

 
Officially admitted on September 2014

My beloved classmates. Maybe I'm the youngest in this family..
6) In March 2015, my life totally changed. My status changed from 'Single' to 'Married'. Alhamdulillah, Praise to Allah. Our wedding ran smoothly and I felt like "I am King, today" haha. To all my beloved brothers, do expedite your marriage if you can afford for it. There are many reasons behind it, trust me.  All in all, it depends on ourselves how to drive the success in the world and hereafter as it purports to be.    


7) During the Labour Day, Messrs Zulpadli & Edham (ZNE) had sponsored a vacation for all its staffs including the chambees as well. We were sponsored to Langkawi Island for 3 days and 2 nights (Actually, Langkawi is my hometown..hehe). However, something bad happened to me on that day. Unluckily, I was collapsed unconscious then admitted to the Langkawi Hospital for about 9 days due to the spontaneous pneomothorax (the sudden collapse of lung). It happened out of sudden and it shocked my whole family and ZNE comrades. Luckily, my parents and lovely wife were there to be with me. After 1 month on leave, I went back to KL to continue my pupillage as usual same goes to my wife too. 
My dear wife never left me for a while on the bed. Love you, my dear.
 8) After went through such a difficult time, my wife and I successfully completed our pupillage period and will be called to the Bar soon. My wife was called to the Bar on 4th September 2015. I was so proud of her and I wish that she would success in her postgraduate study in UKM. I believe that she will be a successful mom in near future, InsyaAllah aminnnn..

Pertaining to my petition for admission as an Advocate & Solicitor, I was called to the Bar on 16 October 2015 (a bit late as compared to my wife's call due to the technical problem caused by the Bar Council). It's OK as long as I am qualified as a lawyer NOW.

Admitted as an Advocate & Solictor of High Court of Malaya

My wife admitted as an Advocate & Solictor of High Court of Malaya

That's all for this entry. I hope that I will come out with a better writing in the future and pray all the best for you guys. GOOD LUCK !!

"SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY" 


1 comment:

  1. Well done Fakhri,indeed you are the best lawyer i have known,your skills at paper writing was remarkable and deserve a praise. I pray for your future undertaking will be a great journey and path to ever success. Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete